This is the White Chocolate Mousse Cake recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Refrigeration: 1 h
- 10 oz (300 g) white chocolate
- 2 cups (500 mL) 35 % cream
- 2 cans (10 oz /284 mL each) mandarin oranges drained with light syrup (reserved)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1 sponge cake or angel food cake (approx 8 in (20 cm) wide and 3 in (7.5 cm) high
- 4 oz (125 g) white chocolate made into curls or grated
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
For the white chocolate mousse 'frosting', melt white chocolate very gently over low heat with 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream. Stir until smooth. Cool.
Whip remaining 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) cream until light. Fold into cooled white chocolate. Refrigerate approx 1 hr or until mixture is of frosting-like consistency.
Combine 1/2 cup (125 mL) light syrup from the mandarin oranges with the orange liqueur.
When ready to assemble cake, slice cake into 3 layers. Drizzle the bottom and middle layers with juice mixture. Arrange alayer of mandarin oranges on each of the 2 layers. Frost with some of the white chocolate mousse.
Place the bottom layer on a cake plate and top with middle layer. Top with top layer and frost the entire cake with remaining white chocolate mousse.
Sprinkle with white chocolate curls or grated chocolate. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||17 % / 184 mg|
|Vitamin A:||25 %|
|Vitamin D:||12 %|