It’s hard to find a recipe that’s more family-friendly than this one. As easy to prepare as it is delicious, it will give you more time to spend with friends and family.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter melted
- 1/4 tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb (450 g) white fish fillets (halibut, cod, haddock, etc.)
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) corn
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cilantro coarsely chopped
- 12 small tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) lettuce or red cabbage chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) Canadian cheddar grated
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain Greek yogurt
In a bowl, mix butter and chilli powder together. Season with pepper. Brush fish with some spicy butter. Add peppers to remaining butter and mix to coat.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat or oven to 450°F (230°C).
Transfer peppers to the grill or a baking sheet. Cook, lid closed if grilling, for 15 min., turning a few times. Add fish and cook for 5 – 10 more min., depending on thickness of fillets. The vegetables should be browned and tender. Remove from heat.
Finely chop vegetables and mix with jalapeno pepper, lemon juice and cilantro to make a veggie salsa. Season with salt and pepper.
Briefly heat tortillas on the grill or in the oven.
Fill tortillas with lettuce, green onions, fish, veggie salsa, corn and cheese. Serve with Greek yogurt, to taste.
Grill more fragile types of fish on a buttered sheet of aluminium foil.
Cheese alternative: Canadian Mild or Medium Cheddar, Monterey Jack.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||36 % / 400 mg|
|Vitamin D:||76 %|
|Vitamin B12:||73 %|
|Vitamin C:||54 %|