Not all gazpacho are red! This variation is both beautiful and delicious.
- Prep: 15 min
- Refrigeration: 2 h
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) blanched whole almonds
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) seedless green grapes halved
- 1 green apple peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups (50 g) crustless bread cubes
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) 35% Cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) toasted sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) peeled cucumber in small dice
- Olive oil
Place the first 7 ingredients and half the bread cubes in a blender.
Pulse, then blend at high speed for 90 seconds. If necessary, add more bread to adjust the consistency. The mixture should be thick but pourable.
Pass through a strainer, pressing the mixture with the back of a small ladle. Discard solids and refrigerate the liquid at least 2 hours.
Add cream and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the gazpacho in chilled soup bowls, garnished with sliced almonds, diced cucumber and a drizzle of olive oil.
Plain yogurt may be used instead of milk, in which case less bread will be necessary.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||10 % / 108 mg|
|Vitamin E:||44 %|