This is the Whole Wheat Nachos recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 15 min
- 3 6-1/2-inch (16 cm) whole-wheat pitas
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) shredded Canadian Aged Cheddar
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) shredded Canadian Mozzarella
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) shredded Canadian Monterey Jack
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) black olives sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sour cream
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Cut pitas into 8ths and arrange onto baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes or until crisp. Let cool.
In a small bowl mix together cheeses.
Spread half the chips out onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Top with half the olives and tomatoes, and 1/3 cup of the cheese. Repeat with remaining olives and tomatoes. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
Broil for 3-4 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts. Slide nachos onto a serving platter and top with sour cream.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||33 % / 365 mg|