Winter vegetable mash with ProvoloneOur dietitians' favourite
This is the Winter vegetable mash with Provolone recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 4 cups (1 L) potatoes peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) carrots peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) cauliflower cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) Canadian Provolone diced
- (30 mL) parsley freshly chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) breadcrumbs or cracker crumbs
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large casserole, boil some salted water.
Add vegetables and cook 20 minutes or until tender.
Preheat oven to 400oF (200oC).
Drain and purée vegetables using a potato masher.
Add butter, ½ cup (125 ml) Provolone and parsley. Season to taste.
Spread mixture into a 9˝ (23 cm) square or round oven dish.
Cover with remaining cheese and the breadcrumbs.
Bake 10 minutes to melt and brown cheese, then serve.
Purée may be prepared in advance, without melting the cheese, and stored in the refrigerator. To reheat it and melt and brown the cheese, place in the oven at 400oF (200oC) for 15–20 minutes.
Canadian Swiss, Cheddar, Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Gouda.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||19 % / 213 mg|
|Vitamin A:||20 %|
|Vitamin B12:||19 %|
|Vitamin C:||40 %|