This is the Witch Fingers recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 12 min
- Refrigeration: 30 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/4 cup (310 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp (20 mL) Milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 24 Jelly beans*
- 24 sweetened red peanuts*
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter with two types of sugar. Beat in egg yolk until smooth. At low speed, stir in flour, alternating with milk and vanilla. Dough will tend to be dry, but has to stick. Add milk as needed.
For each cookie, form a finger with 15 ml (1 tbsp) of dough. Press a candy onto one end of the finger to simulate a nail and insert peanut at other extremity to simulate bloody bone. Place on baking sheet. With butter knife, make small indentations to simulate joints.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Place baking sheet in center of oven. Preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F). Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fingers are slightly golden underneath. Let cool.
Note: This recipe was generoulsy provided by Ricardo magazine.
* Pay particular attention to the risk of choking, as well as peanut and nut allergies.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||1 % / 11 mg|