This is the Yule Log recipe.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 12 min
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) super-fine sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) sifted cake and pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) icing sugar
- Filling and Decoration
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) orange juice
- 2 cups (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) fresh or frozen raspberries
- Cocoa powder or melted chocolate
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Butter a 15 x 10-inch (38 x 26 cm) baking pan. Line it with waxed paper, then grease and flour pan; set aside.
Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy (about 5 to 7 min). Sieve in flour and baking powder; fold in carefully. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 400 °F (200 °C) for 10 to 12 min or until cake is golden.
Immediately turn out onto a tea towel that has been lightly dusted with icing sugar. Carefully remove the waxed paper. Roll up cake in the tea towel and allow to cool.
Gently unroll cake; sprinkle with orange juice. Whip cream, sugar and vanilla extract until light. Divide mixture in half; spread one half on cake and sprinkle with raspberries. (If using frozen raspberries, allow to thaw and drain well.)
Re-roll cake and place onto serving plate. Spread remaining cream evenly over cake. Using tines of a fork, or a knife, work in one direction only to create the bark effect. Dust with cocoa powder or drizzle with chocolate.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||6 % / 66 mg|
|Vitamin A:||27 %|
|Vitamin B12:||19 %|
|Vitamin D:||19 %|