This is the Zucchini Bruschetta with Canadian Swiss Cheese (Cooking Club Size) recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 7 min - 10 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups (750 mL) diced zucchini
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) diced red onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh basil or 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried basil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 48 diagonal slices (3/4 inch/ 2 cm thick) baguette
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Canadian Swiss
In large non-stick skillet over medium- high heat, melt butter. Add garlic, zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes and onions; cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Remove from heat; add basil, cayenne, salt and pepper.
Place baguette slices on a baking sheet and top with about 1 tbsp (15 mL) of zucchini mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and broil until it has melted.
Cooking Club Tip:This recipe yields 48 portions, enough for 12 appetizers each for four members and is best baked just before serving. Divide the zucchini topping, Canadian Swiss cheese and baguette slices to assemble and broil at home.
Serve hot or room temperature with aperitifs or with a salad as a first course. For a change of taste, replace Canadian Swiss with Provolone, Mozzarella, Cheddar, Gouda, etc.