This refreshing and colourful salad is a nutritious meal. The yogurt dressing adds some creaminess to the crisp vegetables.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 1 lb (450 g) chicken breast
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) low sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sesame oil
- 4 cups (1 L) cabbage coleslaw mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) edamame, steamed
- 1 cup (250 mL) cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) red peppers, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) mango, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup (250 mL) chow mein noodles
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Toss chicken in teriyaki sauce and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Cut the meat into slices.
Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, whisk together yogurt, honey, peanut butter, and sesame oil. Reserve.
In 4 large deep plates, place the cabbage coleslaw mix. Add edamame, cucumber, red pepper, mango, green onions, sesame seeds, chow mein noodles and chicken slices. Serve with the yogurt dressing.
If you prefer a sweeter dressing, pulse ½ cup (125 mL) of mango in a food processor until smooth and mix into the yogurt dressing.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||23 % / 257 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||77 %|
|Vitamin C:||138 %|