This is the Asparagus & Smoked Ham Linguine recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 1 lb (450 g) linguine
- 1 lb (450 g) asparagus trimmed and cut in 2-inch (5 cm) pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 35 % cream
- Lemon peel finely grated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced smoked ham
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chives or green onions finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In large pot of boiling water, cook linguine for 5 min. Add asparagus and continue to cook for 2 min or until pasta and asparagus are cooked. Drain well; set aside.
In saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic; cook for 1 min. Add cream, lemon peel and ham; boil gently for about 8 to 10 min, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Stir in lemon juice and cheese.
Toss sauce with pasta and asparagus, chives, salt and pepper. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||18 % / 196 mg|
|Vitamin A:||45 %|