Auntie Jen’s Banana Bread
Moist and delicious, this banana bread is perfect served hot out of the oven with butter and a cup of coffee.
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Baking: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Canadian butter + a little more to grease your pan
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 cup (250 ml) mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Canadian sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Brown sugar to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease loaf pan with butter.
Mix butter, sugar and eggs together.
Add dry ingredients and then add bananas, sour cream and vanilla.
Mix just until combined and pour into loaf pan.
Sprinkle top with a generous amount of brown sugar and bake 1 hour.
It’s the perfect side to a cup of coffee warm out of the oven with butter.