This is the Autumn vegetable poutine recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 45 min
- Oven-roasted vegetables
- 1 celeriac peeled and cut into sticks (about 1½ cups – 375 mL)
- 1/2 small rutabaga peeled and cut into sticks (about 1½ cups – 375 mL)
- 2 parsnips peeled and cut into stick
- 4 potatoes peeled and cut into stick
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter melted
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cider BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) acorn squash peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fire cider or other cider
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) flour or cornstarch
- 2 cups (500 L) beef broth no salt added
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tomato paste
- 13 oz (400 g) Canadian cheese curds
Preheat oven to 475°F (250°C).
Place root vegetables on a baking sheet. Coat with melted butter. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Cook in the oven for 30 min or until vegetables are tender and golden, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, to make the sauce, melt butter on medium-high heat in a saucepan. Cook onion and garlic for 2 min.
Add squash and deglaze with cider.
In a bowl, mix flour with broth. Add tomato paste and stir. Pour mixture into the saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat for 10 min or until squash is tender.
Purée mixture in saucepan using a hand blender. Keep hot while root vegetables cook.
Divide half the cheese among 4 bowls. Top with oven-roasted vegetables and garnish with remaining cheese. Drizzle with sauce and serve immediately.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Swiss cheese, Bocconcini.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||77 % / 845 mg|
|Vitamin A:||345 %|
|Vitamin C:||87 %|