This is the Californian Gazpacho recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Refrigeration: 2 h
- 1 lb (450 g) fresh tomatoes (2 to 3)
- 1 English cucumber peeled, sliced and seeded
- 1 medium onion
- 1 grilled bell pepper
- 7 cups (1.75 L) tomato juince or vegetable juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) 10 % cream or 15 % or 18 % table cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- A dash of Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
In blender or food processor, purée 1 tomato, half cucumber and half onion. Pour purée into soup tureen. Add juice, cream, coriander, vinegar, oil and mustard. Mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add a dash of Tabasco sauce.
Seed remaining tomatoes and dice. Chop remaining cucumber and onion. Stir vegetables into soup mixture. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped fresh vegetables, croutons and some ice cubes.
Learn more about
|Calcium:||10 % / 111 mg|