The flavours of carrot, orange and real whipping cream complement each other to absolute perfection in this easy-to-make puréed soup.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min - 35 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) orange juice
- Finely grated peel of one orange
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh thyme or 2 tsp (10 mL) dried thyme
- 1 lb (450 g) carrots sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprigs of fresh thyme for garnish
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Heat butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic; cook 2 min stirring occasionally. Add chicken stock, orange juice, peel and 1/2 the fresh thyme or all the dried thyme; bring to boil. Add carrots, cover and simmer 30 min until very tender. Add remaining fresh thyme.
Purée soup until smooth. Return mixture to the saucepan; stir in cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Garnish with sprigs of fresh thyme.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 54 mg|
|Vitamin A:||168 %|
|Vitamin B6:||12 %|
|Vitamin C:||31 %|