This is the Cheddar Chicken Penne recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter divided
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless chicken cut into strips
- 4 green onions sliced
- 2 tart cooking apples thinly sliced
- ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 35% whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 12 oz (375 g) penne or other short pasta
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded old Cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh chives
In a large skillet, melt half of the butter over medium-high heat; brown chicken strips, in batches; transfer to a bowl.
Add remaining butter to skillet. Add green onions, apples, nutmeg, 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper; cook, stirring, for about 3 min or until softened. Add vinegar, scraping any bits stuck to pan. Stir in Cream and cranberries; bring to boil. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring often, for about 3 min or until slightly thickened.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta for about 10 min or until tender but firm. Drain and return to pot.
Add chicken and any accumulated juices to sauce; simmer for about 3 min or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Pour over cooked pasta and sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with chives.
Left-over turkey can be used instead of the chicken
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||15 % / 162 mg|
|Folate:||57 % / 126 mcg|
|Niacin:||73 % / 17 mg|
|Thiamin:||30 % / 0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||24 % / 0.4 mg|