This recipe features the 2013 Canadian Cheese Grand Prix Grand Champion.
- Prep: 15 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 (1/4 oz/7 g) pouch of unflavoured gelatin
- 2 stalks of celery coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 green onion coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime zest
- 8 oz (225 g) crabmeat drained
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) smoked paprika mild or spicy or 10 oz (300 g) Quality Cheese Ricotta
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) panko bread crumbs
Pour lime juice into a small bowl and sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand 5 minutes to soften, then add 2 tbsp (30 mL) boiling water to dissolve gelatin.
Place celery, parsley, cilantro, green onion and lime zest in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add half the crabmeat, the smoked paprika and Ricotta. Process until well combined, add gelatin and salt and pepper.
To mould the mousse, use a muffin pan or individual moulds (ramekins). Line inside of moulds with plastic wrap or parchment paper to make unmoulding easier. Pour mousse into moulds. Cover loosely and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
To unmould muffin pan, invert over a baking sheet, remove plastic wrap and place on plates. To unmould ramekins, invert each over plates and remove plastic wrap.
Garnish with remaining crab, panko breadcrumbs and cilantro.
The mousse can also be moulded in a terrine and served sliced.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||15 % / 163 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||24 %|
|Vitamin D:||16 %|