This recipe is taken from the 1990 Milk Calendar. This is the Cream of Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 3 cups (750 mL) coarsely chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) condensed chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) Milk
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Buttered Croutons
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) bread cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter melted
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Melt butter in large saucepan; sauté onion until tender. Stir in cauliflower and condensed chicken broth. Bring to boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 min until cauliflower is tender.
Smoothly combine flour and milk. Add to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Add Cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into 4 soup bowls; sprinkle with Buttered Croutons and fresh parsley.
Toss bread cubes in melted butter. Bake in preheated 350 °F (180 °C) oven 7 to 8 min or until golden brown.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||48 % / 527 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||40 %|
|Vitamin C:||55 %|