Chicken, dried tomato pesto and olive, Cream Cheese Burger
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 1/3 lb (600 g) ground chicken
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried tomato pesto
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Canadian Cream Cheese softened
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sliced green olives
- 4 to 6 small olive ciabatta or olive focaccia loaves
- 4 to 6 lettuce leaves washed and pat-dried
Preheat BBQ to medium-high or the oven to 425 °F (210 °C).
Place all ingredients, except garnish and toppings, in a mixing bowl. Season to taste and combine. Divide preparation into four to six parts and shape into patties.
Place patties on grill or on parchment-covered baking sheet on center rack of oven. Cook burgers 12-15 minutes turning them over only once.
Blend Cream Cheese and sliced olives.
Heat burger buns and top with Cream Cheese preparation. Add patties, garnish and serve.
You can also cook the burgers in a skillet over medium-high heat, 5 to 7 minutes per side.