Creamy “Tandoori” Style Shrimp
Recipe by chef Michael Allemeier
Take shrimp to a whole new level this BBQ season. Wow neighbours, friends and family with this creamy, aromatic shrimp dish made with whipping cream and flavourful spices. It will surely be the talk of the backyard!
- Prep: 15 min
- Grilling Time: 5 min - 6 min
- Standing Time: 30 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro chopped
- Fresh mint chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Zest of one lemon finely grated
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ground coriander
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb (450 g) shrimp about 16 to 20, shelled and deveined
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large bowl, whisk together cream, yogurt, cilantro, mint, garlic, lemon zest and juice, coriander, paprika, cumin, gingerroot, tomato paste, cinnamon, pepper and salt. Reserve 1/4 cup (60 mL); cover and refrigerate.
Pat shrimp dry with paper towel; add to marinade and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 6 hours.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove shrimp from marinade. Place on oiled grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until pink, about 5 to 6 minutes. Place in bowl; stir in reserved marinade and toss. Serve garnished with green onions and lime wedges. Enjoy immediately.
A lot of seafood is sold by the weight. The size and count by the pound determines how large the product is. This helps with consistency in selling the product. The numbers 16 to 20 means that there are 16 to 20 shrimp to one pound. The smaller the number – the larger the product!
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||21 % / 226 mg|
|Vitamin A:||43 %|
|Vitamin B12:||83 %|