This is the Dairy Delicious Casserole recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 3 cups (750 mL) medium noodles
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Cottage* cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar* cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
In large saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
In large frypan, sauté beef and green pepper until meat is browned and green pepper is tender; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and oregano. Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
In small bowl, combine Canadian Cottage cheese, half of the Canadian Cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onions, salt and pepper to taste. Layer half of the noodles in unbuttered 8 inch (20 cm) square baking dish.
Cover with cheese mixture. Layer remaining noodles and top with meat sauce. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Cheddar cheese over meat sauce.
Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
* Or you can use Canadian Ricotta cheese.** Or you can use shredded Canadian Mozzarella or Havarti cheese.
Learn more about
|Calcium:||18 % / 195 mg|