This is the Easter Baskets recipe.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 10 chocolate or other flavoured cupcakes
- 3 cups (750 mL) icing sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sour cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) melted butter
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) yellow food colouring
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-2 drops of red food colouring
- 10 red licorice sticks
- 5 oz (150 g) of JellybeansTD
- 30-40 egg-shaped chocolates
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Base of basket
Bake 10 chocolate or other flavoured cupcakes
Whisk all icing ingredients together until mixture is smooth and easy to spread. Using a pastry bag, spread icing around cupcakes to create a border.
In a bowl, combine coconut and red food colouring. Sprinkle icing with coconut mixture. To create basket handle, insert each end of a licorice stick into sides of cupcake. In centre of cupcake (the nest), place chocolate eggs and jellybeans or any other candy to decorate.
*Pay particular attention to the risk of choking.
Note: This recipe can be a fun activity to do with kids, where they get to create their own Easter basket.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||11 % / 118 mg|