This is the Easter Baskets recipe.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 10 chocolate or other flavoured cupcakes
- 3 cups (750 mL) icing sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sour cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) melted butter
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) yellow food colouring
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-2 drops of red food colouring
- 10 red licorice sticks
- 5 oz (150 g) of JellybeansTD
- 30-40 egg-shaped chocolates
Base of basket
Bake 10 chocolate or other flavoured cupcakes
Whisk all icing ingredients together until mixture is smooth and easy to spread. Using a pastry bag, spread icing around cupcakes to create a border.
In a bowl, combine coconut and red food colouring. Sprinkle icing with coconut mixture. To create basket handle, insert each end of a licorice stick into sides of cupcake. In centre of cupcake (the nest), place chocolate eggs and jellybeans or any other candy to decorate.
*Pay particular attention to the risk of choking.
Note: This recipe can be a fun activity to do with kids, where they get to create their own Easter basket.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||11 % / 118 mg|