Mediterranean pork, Feta Cheeseburger
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 1/3 lb (600 g) lean ground pork
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped onion
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bread crumbs
- Salt and reshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 to 6 thick, little pita breads
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Feta sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced cherry tomatoes
- 12 cucumber in thin slices
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh mint
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon zest
Preheat BBQ to medium-high or the oven to 425 °F (210 °C).
Place all ingredients, except garnish and toppings, in a mixing bowl.
Season to taste and combine.
Divide preparation into four to six parts and shape into patties.
Place patties on grill or on parchment-covered baking sheet on center rack of oven. Cook burgers 12-15 minutes turning them over only once. Heat burger buns. Garnish and serve
You can also cook the burgers in a skillet over medium-high heat, 5 to 7 minutes per side.