This is the Fettuccine with Chicken and Mixed Peppers recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- of hot red chili flakes
- 1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 11 1/2 oz (375 g) fettuccine
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh basil or fresh parsley chopped
Melt butter in a large deep skillet. Add onions, garlic and hot pepper flakes. Cook 5 min or until onions are fragrant and tender. Add chicken pieces and cook 5 min until just coloured on all sides.
Add peppers and cook 5 min longer so that they begin to wilt. Add cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently 5 to 8 min.
Meanwhile cook fettuccine according to instructions on package until al dente, drain well, toss with sauce and herbs.
Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||6 % / 69 mg|
|Vitamin C:||130 %|
|Vitamin A:||35 %|