Everyone loves veggies and dip. With this recipe, even the pickiest of eater will be drawn to fruit served in this way. Start with plain yogurt and add just enough sweetness and spice for the perfect coating for juicy pieces of fruit. You can pack them in containers to go so you’ll have a nutritious snack wherever you are.
- Prep: 15 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 2% plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) liquid honey
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg (optional)
- 4 cups (1 L) fresh fruit pieces (a mixture of: apple or pear wedges, nectarine slices, banana chunks, pineapple chunks, strawberries, cherries or seedless grapes)
In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg (if using). Portion into small bowls or airtight containers. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
On serving plates or portable containers with lids, arrange fruit pieces around bowl or container of yogurt for dipping.
If you like to eat frozen fruit, you can use some fresh and some frozen, but don’t let the frozen fruit thaw – it will get too soft and watery for dipping.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||17 % / 185 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||26 %|
|Vitamin C:||54 %|