This is the Greek Pasta Salad recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Refrigeration: 1 h
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh oregano leaves
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) penne cooked and drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) crumbled Canadian Feta cheese*
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced tomato
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) black olives pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
In blender container, place oil, lemon juice, oregano and garlic. Cover and blend at high speed until mixture is creamy.
In large salad bowl, combine pasta, Canadian Feta cheese, tomato, cucumber, olives, green pepper, parsley and onions. Pour in creamy dressing and toss well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Chill at least 1 hour to blend flavours.
Add variety to this salad by using different shapes of pasta, such as rotini, bowties or elbow macaroni. You can use 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano instead of fresh oregano.
*Change the taste of this salad by using diced Canadian Brick or Havarti cheese.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
|Calcium:||22.5 % / 241 mg|