This is the Grilled Swiss cheese sandwich with asparagus recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 bunch of green and/or white asparagus (about ¾ lb – 350 g) trimmed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) homemade Gouda asparagus pesto
- 8 slices of whole wheat bread
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Swiss cut into 8 slices
- Butter at room temperature
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large saucepan, cook asparagus in salted boiling water for 2 min. Drain.
Spread Gouda asparagus pesto over 4 slices of bread and top each one with 2 cheese slices.
Add asparagus, alternating green and white, placing the tips in one direction and then the other. (If the asparagus stems are too thick, cut in half lengthwise).
Cover with remaining slices of bread. Butter outside of sandwiches, and cook in a skillet on medium heat for 4–5 min on each side.
Cut each sandwich into quarters and serve with a green salad, if desired.
* Find the Gouda asparagus pesto recipe right here!
Did you know?
White asparagus grows underground, without light, and has a more delicate taste than green asparagus.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Provolone, Aged Cheddar.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||29 % / 317 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||49 %|