Havarti and Zucchini StacksOur dietitians' favourite
These savoury little sensations can be assembled ahead of time and roasted in the oven at the last minute.
- Prep: 8 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 2 zucchini sliced lengthwise 1/4-in (1/2 cm) thick and 4-in (10 cm) long
- 3 plum tomatoes seeded and quartered
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) melted butter
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh rosemary chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 oz (180 g) Canadian Havarti cut into 4 x 1-in (10 cm x 2 1/2 cm) slices
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
On a parchment-lined baking sheet, spread out the zucchini slices on one side and the tomato quarters on the other. Sprinkle with melted butter and rosemary; season with salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes.
Remove skin from tomatoes then place in a bowl. Crush with a fork.
Alternate zucchini and Havarti slices in layers while the zucchini is hot, so that the cheese softens.
Serve with the crushed tomatoes.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Medium Cheddar, Monterey Jack.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||16 % / 173 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||9 %|
|Vitamin C:||20 %|