A delicious, satisfying soup that's very nutritious and a cinch to make. If using fresh pumpkin, cook as you would winter squash, then purée.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried rosemary
- of ground cumin
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) pureed pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) Milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Swiss cheese grated
In heavy saucepan, sauté onion in butter until transparent. Add broth, pumpkin and spicing. Salt and pepper to taste.
Heat up on medium-low, then reduce to simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Purée mixture. Add milk and reheat but do not boil. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
Nutritional informationPer serving
|Calcium:||26 % / 291 mg|