The goodness of Canadian dairy shines through in this creamy pasta dish dotted with ham, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cooking: 25 minutes
- Total: 40 minutes
- Cheese Sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Canadian butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 ml) Canadian milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon mustard
- 3 1/2 cups (875 ml) shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- ½ tsp (2 ml) black pepper
- 1 pkg (12 oz/375 g) linguine noodles
- 2 cups (500 ml) cauliflower florets
- 2 cups (500 ml) broccoli florets
- 1 cup (250 ml) diced ham (from boneless half ham)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In large skillet set over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk; whisk until mixture is smooth and bubbling. Stir in Dijon. Stir in 3 cups (750 ml) Cheddar until melted and smooth. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
Cook linguine according to package directions. When linguine is 2 minutes away from being done, add cauliflower and broccoli. Drain well. Transfer to cheese mixture. Add ham and toss to coat.
Garnish with remaining Cheddar.
Freshly grated Cheddar cheese will melt and incorporate into the sauce better than pre-shredded packaged Cheddar cheese.