This is the Lamb Kebabs with Minty Yogurt recipe.
- Prep: 10 min - 15 min
- Cooking: 7 min - 8 min
- Refrigeration: 4 h - 12 h
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb (750 g to 1 kg) Lamb loin or other cut (leg, filets, etc.) cut in cubes
- 8 marinated artichoke halves
- 1 white onion halved and cut in 8
- 8 large chunks of red bell pepper
- Fresh mint leaves
- 8 bamboo wet skewers or 4 large metal skewers
- Minty Yogurt Marinade
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mint jelly
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place lamb cubes in glass dish. Cover with Minty Yogurt Marinade, turning gently to coat. Refrigerate for 4 to 12 hours, turning meat occasionally.
Thread lamb cubes alternately with artichokes halves, onion and pepper chunks on small bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 1 hour to prevent them from burning) or on large metal skewers.
Grill on barbecue or under oven broiler 7, 8 minutes until preferred doneness. Turn and brush with marinade often during cooking.
Serve 1 to 2 kebabs per person and garnish with fresh mint. Serve with couscous and plain yogurt.
Minty Yogurt Marinade:
In bowl, melt mint jelly in microwave oven for 30 seconds at high heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. You can also melt mint jelly in a small saucepan on low heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well. Refrigerate.
Learn more about
|Calcium:||22 % / 245 mg|