This is the Orange Chicken recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 35 min - 40 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 6 large chicken breasts, skin-on bone-in
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 large orange
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated orange peel
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) slivered almonds toasted
- Orange slices
In large non-stick skillet melt butter and olive oil over medium heat. Brown chicken well on both sides. Remove from pan; set aside. Add onion to skillet; cook until it is softened.
Meanwhile grate orange; reserve peel. Squeeze juice from half of orange, cut remaining half into slices; set aside.
Return chicken to pan with wine, orange juice, peel, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 min, removing lid halfway through cooking time.
Add cream, bring to a boil and cook for 3 to 5 min until thickened. Garnish with almonds and orange slices.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||6 % / 66 mg|
|Niacin:||114 % / 26 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||49 % / 0.9 mg|
|Magnesium:||25 % / 62 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||26 % / 0.5 mcg|