Don't be bound by tradition when it's time to treat your holiday guests. Prosciutto and pita marry perfectly to create delicious canapés when company comes over!
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 24 mini-pita bread rounds
- 1 can (7 1/2 oz/213 mL) pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Canadian Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Place the bread, hollow side up, on the baking sheet. Spread equal amounts of pizza sauce over the crusts. Distribute the green pepper and mushrooms (or any other of your favourite pizza ingredients) equally over the crusts. Top with Canadian Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with Canadian Parmesan cheese. Add the prosciutto strips.
Bake 20 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
Chopped black olives or anchovy paste (or both!) will give a true taste of the Mediterranean to your Pita Pizza Rounds.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||6 % / 63 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||16 %|
|Vitamin C:||6 %|