Here's a quick Stroganoff that's ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (450 g) sirloin tip steak (fast fry) cut into bite-size thin strips
- 1 lb (450 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) beef stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and hot pepper sauce to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add beef; cook just until browned. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat; set aside.
Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; sauté, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender and mushroom juice evaporates, about 10 to 15 min. Add stock, cream, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce to pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens slightly about 5 min. Return beef and any juices, salt and hot pepper sauce to pan; cook until beef is heated through. Serve over rice, pasta or potatoes.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||4 % / 48 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||83 %|