Roasting gives this dip an addictive depth of flavour, while the Canadian Ricotta adds a refreshing lightness of both taste and texture.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) melted butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) carrots cut into discs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lime juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Ricotta
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
On a parchment-lined baking sheet, mix melted butter, onion, garlic, ginger, spices and carrots. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender. Let cool.
In a food processor, process chickpeas along with roasted carrots. Add lime juice and process until a smooth purée is obtained.
Stir in Ricotta, adjust seasoning and serve with fresh vegetables, pita bread and apple or pear slices.
Delicious Canadien Cheese alternatives: Cream Cheese, Mascarpone.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||9 % / 94 mg|
|Vitamin A:||22 %|
|Vitamin B6:||17 %|