A colourful, entertaining dish.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water boiling
- 1 tsp (5 mL) saffron threads
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red bell pepper cut in strips
- 2 cups (500 mL) asparagus chopped
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) dry white wine
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried chili flakes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) drained green peppercorns
- salt to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In small glass bowl, pour boiling water over saffron threads. Stir and let stand.
Meanwhile, cut each chicken breast into 4 or 5 pieces. Heat oil in large skillet and quickly stir fry chicken until cooked about halfway through, 4,5 min. Remove from heat. Set aside.
Add butter and sauté onion and garlic; cook for 1 min on medium heat. Stir in red pepper strips and asparagus cooking for 1 min.
Add wine and rosemary and bring to boil. Stir in cream, chili flakes and saffron. Reduce heat and simmer 5-7 min until vegetables are tendercrisp. Add green peppercorns and reserved chicken. Reduce heat and cook on low for 5 min or until the chicken is cooked through.
To serve, spoon over serving of rice. Season to taste.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 57 mg|
|Vitamin A:||31 %|
|Vitamin B6:||35 %|