A colourful, entertaining dish.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water boiling
- 1 tsp (5 mL) saffron threads
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red bell pepper cut in strips
- 2 cups (500 mL) asparagus chopped
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) dry white wine
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried chili flakes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) drained green peppercorns
- salt to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In small glass bowl, pour boiling water over saffron threads. Stir and let stand.
Meanwhile, cut each chicken breast into 4 or 5 pieces. Heat oil in large skillet and quickly stir fry chicken until cooked about halfway through, 4,5 min. Remove from heat. Set aside.
Add butter and sauté onion and garlic; cook for 1 min on medium heat. Stir in red pepper strips and asparagus cooking for 1 min.
Add wine and rosemary and bring to boil. Stir in cream, chili flakes and saffron. Reduce heat and simmer 5-7 min until vegetables are tendercrisp. Add green peppercorns and reserved chicken. Reduce heat and cook on low for 5 min or until the chicken is cooked through.
To serve, spoon over serving of rice. Season to taste.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 57 mg|
|Vitamin A:||31 %|
|Vitamin B6:||35 %|