You don’t need to go out to a restaurant to have a wonderful curry dish. This one is quick, nutritious and so tasty. For a mild curry, use the lower amount of curry paste; for a bolder flavour use more, or use a medium or hot paste. Serve this saucy curry over cooked brown basmati rice or whole wheat couscous.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter
- 3 cups (750 mL) small cauliflower florets
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mild Indian curry paste or powder or 3 tbsp (45 mL) mild Indian curry paste or powder
- 2 cups (500 mL) no-salt-added canned diced tomatoes
- 12 oz (375 g) raw large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen green peas thawed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 2% plain yogurt
- Chopped fresh cilantro or mint
In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Sauté cauliflower and onion for about 5 min or until onion is softened. Add curry paste and sauté for 1 min. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring often, for 8 min or until cauliflower is almost tender.
Stir in shrimp and green peas. Whisk cornstarch into yogurt and gradually stir into pan; simmer, stirring constantly, for about 3 min or until sauce is thickened. Serve sprinkled with cilantro.
One 19 oz (540 mL) can diced tomatoes is the perfect amount for this recipe. If you can’t find that size and have a larger can, or need two smaller ones, refrigerate extra tomatoes in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||28 % / 303 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||78 %|
|Vitamin C:||98 %|