This recipe is taken from the 2018 Milk Calendar. This easy-to-put-together, fresh-tasting meal might just become your go-to pasta.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1/2 (450g) pkg farfalle pasta about 3 1/2 cups (875 mL)
- 2 cups (500 mL) 2-inch (5 cm) pieces aspargus
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain Greek-style or Balkan-style yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) multicoloured cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) snipped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pitted and finely chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 cans (170 g) cans of chunk tuna preferably low-sodium, well drained
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions or until al dente, 9 to 11 min. Add asparagus during the last 2 min of cooking. Drain well.
Finely grate zest from lemon and squeeze out 3 tbsp (45 mL) juice into a large bowl. Add yogurt and garlic; stir. Add tomatoes, chives and olives.
Turnpasta and asparagus into the bowl. Stir in tuna, trying your best to leave tuna in chunks.
Salting the pasta water brings out the flavour in pasta, preventing it from tasting dull.
Add frozen corn or peas instead of cherry tomatoes, and a generous grating of Parmesan.
Try salmon instead of tuna and beans in place of asparagus.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 133 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||125 %|