As fun to eat as it is to say. This is a delicious way to include a healthy dose of vegetable goodness in a dinner that makes leftovers taste even better the next day.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 1 h
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 cups (500 mL) Italian tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pine nuts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried chorizo diced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh basil chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 oz (180 g) Canadian Mozzarella Ball sliced
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Place in an oven-safe dish, cut side down, and add ¼˝ (0.5 cm) of water to bottom of the dish. Cover with aluminum foil and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix tomatoes with pine nuts, chorizo, garlic and basil. Generously season with salt and pepper.
Remove dish from the oven, drain water and turn squash halves over. Fill centres with tomato mixture and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
Top with Mozzarella slices and cook for 10 more minutes. Brown under the broiler if desired. Serve immediately.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Provolone, Cheddar, Gouda.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||23 % / 257 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||66 %|
|Vitamin C:||24 %|