Nothing says comfort food like a creamy, tangy mushroom sauce. Make these savoury meatballs in advance and serve on pasta for an easy weeknight meal.
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 45 minutes
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) pepper
- 2 lbs (908 g) ground beef
- 1 cup (250 ml) bread crumbs
- 1 cup (250 ml) Canadian mil or water
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) instant beef soup mix/powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) pepper
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) cornstarch + ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) sautéed mushrooms or 1 - 10 oz (284 ml) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 - 10 oz (284 ml) can of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dry parsley flakes
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) paprika
- 2 cups (500 ml) Canadian sour cream
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven at 425°F.
In large bowl, mix meatballs ingredients. Shape into about 40 meatballs.
Put on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Pile the meatballs into casserole dish.
In medium saucepan, put the water, onion, beef soup mix, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
Mix corn starch and ¼ cup of water together and add to boiling liquid, stirring until thickened.
Add the rest of the sauce ingredients in the saucepan.
If too thick, add a bit of water.
Pour over meatballs, cover, and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.