Sweet Potato and Ginger Soup
This recipe is taken from the 2002 Milk Calendar. This is a great soup for entertaining- no one ever guesses how easy it is to make. Minced fresh ginger root adds a fresh accent to a creamy soup.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 6 cups (1.5 L) sweet potatoes peeled and cubed (about 3 large)
- 3 1/2 cups (875 mL) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger root minced or grated
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lime juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh coriander
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In large saucepan, bring potatoes, chicken broth and ginger to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 min or until potatoes are tender. Transfer to food processor; purée until smooth. Return to saucepan over low heat; whisk in cream, lime juice, salt and pepper and heat through. Ladle into bowls; sprinkle with almonds and coriander.
For the Adventurous: Add a small spoonful of pre-cooked baby shrimp to each bowl of soup before serving.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||4 % / 48 mg|
|Vitamin A:||173 %|
|Vitamin B6:||14 %|
|Vitamin C:||32 %|