By Anna Olson
This recipe from Anna Olson is perfect for busy people on the go. Yogurt holds the Indian spices and lends a citrus tang that suits the fish. Try it with our Cucumber Raita.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 18 min
- Refrigeration: 1 h - 4 h
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) whole cumin seed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) whole coriander seed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup (250 mL) 6% plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely grated fresh ginger
- Four 3 1/2 oz (100 g) pieces fresh or frozen thawed cod
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In small heavy skillet, toast cumin and coriander seeds over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant and slightly darkened, about 3 minutes. Set aside and let cool. Transfer to spice grinder or clean coffee grinder and grind. In a small bowl, combine ground cumin and coriander, paprika, sugar, salt, pepper, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne (if using). In a medium bowl, combine yogurt with the spice blend and stir in garlic, ginger and saffron.
Pat cod pieces dry; place in a lightly buttered 13 x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish. Divide yogurt mixture over each cod piece and spread to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Bake uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when touched with a fork.
Pat frozen thawed fish pieces with paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 127 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||57 %|