This is the Three-Hour Braised Pork Roast recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 3 h
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 lb (1.5 Kg) pork roast cut from leg or loin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups (1 L) squash (pumkin, butternut) cubed
- 12 mushrooms whole or sliced
- 4 cloves garlic whole
- 10 pearl onions
- 2 fresh tomatoes crushed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups (1 L) beef broth or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped green onions
Heat butter in a roasting pan and cook onions for 1 to 2 minutes, until transparent. Brown roast on all sides and season with salt and pepper. Add pumpkin squash, mushrooms, garlic, pearl onions, tomato and parsley. Add broth, cover and cook in a 350 °F (180 °C) oven for 1 hour.
Lower oven temperature to 250 °F (120 °C) and season with salt and pepper again, if needed. Cook 1 hour, then reduce temperature to 175 °F (80 °C). Cook, uncovered for 1 hour more.
Remove roast from oven after 3 hours of cooking, place on a serving dish and decorate with garnish of chopped green onions. Roast can be served with sautéed new potatoes or fresh vegetables.