This is the Toasted Tortillas with Canadian Friulano recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 hot pepper finely chopped (optional)
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) red beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bell peppers diced
- 2 Italian tomatoes seeded and diced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground turmeric or curry powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chilli powder
- 2-3 tbsp (30-45 mL) fresh coriander chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups (500 mL) Canadian Friulano or Canadian Cheddar grated
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) melted butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat barbecue to medium.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except cheese, tortillas, butter and oil. Mix thoroughly so that spices are well blended. Incorporate Canadian Friulano cheese.
Fill tortillas and roll or fold them. Brush each tortilla with melted butter mixed with olive oil.
Brown tortillas on grill until cheese melts. Serve with an avocado salad, accompanied with salsa and sour cream. Recipe from Chef Véronique Gagnon-Lalanne.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||50 % / 554 mg|
|Vitamin C:||70 %|