Soup made with Canadian Cheddar takes the chill away and brims with country-style goodness. Serve some piping-hot Cheddar cheese soup to your family tonight!
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely grated carrot
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chicken broth mix
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dry mustard
- 4 cups (1 L) Milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Canadian Mild Cheddar cheese
- Paprika to taste
In medium saucepan, melt butter. Sauté onion and carrot until tender, about 5 to 10 min. Blend in flour, broth mix, paprika and mustard. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, 5 to 10 min.
Remove from heat, add Canadian Mild Cheddar cheese and stir until it is melted. Sprinkle each portion with more paprika and serve.
Most soups will benefit from simmering for an hour or so. But you'll generally want to wait until it's time to serve before adding the cheese.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||64 % / 707 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||78 %|
|Vitamin D:||67 %|