This is the Turkey and cider stew with Raclette recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- 1 2/3 lb (750 g) turkey breast cut into 1˝ (2.5 cm) cubes
- Flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) cider
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2–3 sprigs of fresh rosemary or ½–1 tsp (2–5 ml) dried rosemary
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 apples peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 35% cream
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Raclette diced
Flour turkey cubes and shake off excess flour.
In large saucepan, melt butter on high heat and brown half of turkey cubes. Set aside in dish, and brown remaining turkey. Return first batch to saucepan.
Add onion and garlic. Cook 2 minutes.
Deglaze with cider and add broth.
Bring to a boil and add rosemary. Season to taste.
Let simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes.
Add apples and cream. Cook another 10 minutes.
Remove rosemary sprigs and adjust seasoning.
Incorporate Raclette just before serving so it doesn’t melt completely.
Easier to serve than roasted turkey, this stew can be made days in advance and heated up in a casserole on low heat or covered in the oven at 325oF (165oC). Don’t forget to add the cheese at the very end!
Canadian Brie, Medium Cheddar, Provolone
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||27 % / 292 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||54 %|
|Vitamin B6:||46 %|