Serve this colorful pâté in thick slices, surrounded with biscuits.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 2 min - 5 min
- Refrigeration: 3 h - 4 h
- 1 1/2 (1/4 oz/ 7 g) pouches each, unflavoured gelatin
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dry white wine chilled
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) water boiling
- 1 can (7 3/4 oz/220 g) sockeye salmon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped smoked salmon
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried dill
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) drained capers (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 pkg (10 oz /300 g) frozen spinach thawed
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) 35 % cream
In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over wine to soften. Pour in boiling water, stirring to dissolve. Heat on low, stirring until completely dissolved and pour into large bowl.
Drain canned salmon and remove skin and bones. Set aside.
In medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, paprika, canned and smoked salmon, dill, onion, capers and lemon juice. Stir into gelatin and chill for 10-15 min or until it begins to set.
Meanwhile, squeeze spinach dry and chop finely. Set aside.
Whip cream until soft peaks form and fold into salmon mixture. Measure out 1 cup (250 mL). Set aside.
Spoon remaining pâté into 9 x 5 inch (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan, smoothing the top. Mix reserved pâté with chopped spinach and gently spread evenly over the salmon.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3-4 hours or overnight.
Turn out onto platter and slice. Keep unsliced portion refrigerated.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||10 % / 106 mg|
|Vitamin A:||61 %|
|Vitamin B12:||38 %|
|Vitamin D:||90 %|