Veal Scaloppine with Mushroom Marsala Sauce
This recipe is taken from the 2000 Milk Calendar. Sweet Marsala and earthy Portobello mushrooms combine with real whipping cream for an easy-to-make masterpiece. Delicious with either veal, pork or turkey scaloppine.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) thin veal scaloppine
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 12 1/2 oz (375 g) Portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) chicken broth or beef broth
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup (125 to 180 mL) Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35 % cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Coarse ground pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In pie plate, mix together flour, salt, pepper and paprika; lightly dredge each scaloppine in mixture.
In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter; cook meat, in batches, removing from skillet when lightly browned; keep warm.
Remove stems from mushrooms. Cut caps into 1/4-inch (1/2 cm) thick slices; add to skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring until softened. Stir in broth, Marsala, real whipping cream, tomato paste, and onion; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring often, for 7 to 8 min or until beginning to thicken. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon rind.
To serve, spoon sauce over warm scaloppine, sprinkle with parsley and pepper.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||3 % / 32 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||51 %|