Tips to keep in mind when storing yogurt:
- Before you buy yogurt, check the best before date on the package and choose the product with the furthest date.
- Refrigerate yogurt immediately after you buy it and store it on the colder shelves rather than in the door.
- Do not eat yogurt after the best before date.
- Once the package is opened, eat the yogurt within 3 days.
- Protect yogurt from other foods with strong odours by sealing it tightly.
- Spoon as much yogurt as you are going to eat into your bowl with a clean spoon. To avoid cross-contamination (which will speed up spoilage), do not return unused portions to the original container.
- Freezing yogurt is not recommended as the process will affect the texture and flavour. However, if you want to give it a try anyway, it will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month.